1. All examination and revision course bookings must be made and paid for online; the exceptions to this are companies with whom we have existing invoicing agreements and those cases where candidates are unable to attend any of the exam centres shown on the online registration form. In these cases, registrations are not confirmed until we have received payment (or PO numbers in cases where we have agreed payment by invoice). If you are unsure if your company has an arrangement with us or there is no listed exam centre in your country please contact us for help via firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Upon successful completion of registration and payment candidates will be sent a confirmation email and a link to the learning materials. The syllabi and learning materials are included in the examination fee
3. Candidates are reminded that IBD Examinations are based on the contents of each syllabus, which can be accessed on the IBD Resource Zone
4. The centre you have been assigned is only provisional and may change. Final confirmation of your examination centre, including location details, examination times and further details relating to the examination will be forwarded at least 1 month prior to the examination
5. No refund of examination or revision course fees will be offered
6. Examination deferrals for non-medical reasons will only be accepted up until the application deadline and will incur a deferral fee of £75 per module (subject to VAT). Deferral of fees will be granted on medical grounds on receipt of a medical certificate or doctor’s note. Fees may only be deferred once and requests must be made in writing.
7. Revision courses cannot be deferred
8. Please ensure that your contact details are kept up to date. Changes to your personal details can be made by logging into MyIBD
9. Revision courses do not include exam fees or overnight accommodation
10. Candidates should note that the IBD examination regulations permit the IBD to request delegate names from IBD Accredited Tutors subject to requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018.
11. When you register for a revision course/examination with the IBD, we will process some or all of the following personal data so that we can provide our Training Courses/ Examinations to you:
- Name and contact details
- Payment details
- Date of birth
- Work experience
- Membership / candidate number
12. If you are applying for a revision course and or an examination on behalf of someone else, it is your duty to make them aware that you are providing their personal data to us. Our lawful basis for processing this data is that it is ‘necessary for the performance of a contract, or to take steps to enter into a contract’, as set out in the Data Protection Act 2018.
13. We use third party solutions for some of our processes:
- Your payment will be processed though a third party payment gateway, Worldpay.
- You may be auto-enrolled onto our Learning Management System (LMS) so that we can provide you with access to the learning resources you have paid for, which is hosted by E-learn design. You can find out more their data privacy at https://www.e-learndesign.co.uk/about/oss-and-ethics-policy/
- You may be enrolled onto our Online Assessment Portal, so that we can provide you with an online assessment, which is hosted by Questionmark. You can find out more their data privacy at https://www.questionmark.com/en-gb/privacy
- Your examination paper may be uploaded on an online marking system, so that we can provide the IBD Board of Examiners with an E Assessment Solution, which is hosted by Calibrand. You can find out more their data privacy at http://www.calibrand.com/terms.html
14. Some of your data may also be shared with the following third parties, depending on the revision course /examination you have signed up to:
- IBD Accredited Tutor;
- A third-party Exam Centre who is hosting the exam;
- IBD Board of Examiners
15. Successful completion of some examinations may lead to:
- Your name being published in our flagship journal
- Your name being shared with your regional IBD section so that they can present you with an award at a regional event
- Your name being given to a printer so that an award can be personalised
We will rely on the lawful basis of Legitimate Interest to do this, but please let us know if you would rather not have your name published or shared in this way
16. We will also use the lawful basis of Legitimate Interest to contact you about similar courses/exams in the future, but please let us know if you do not wish us to do this
18. For any queries relating to examination registration please contact:
The current IBD Byelaws can be downloaded here: IBD Byelaws 2019
When you apply for Membership with the IBD, we may process some or all of the following personal data, so that we can fulfil your membership request and to manage your membership on an ongoing basis:
We use third party solutions to support some of our processes:
As part of your membership package:
Our lawful basis for processing this data is that it is ‘necessary for the performance of a contract, or to take steps to enter into a contract’, as set out in the Data Protection Act 2018, but if you would prefer to not receive our magazine or newsletter, please let us know.
We will retain your details 7 years after your membership lapses /terminates and please be aware that may contact you to ask if you would like to re-join for 6 months after lapse. We may also contact you from time to time with surveys on our membership. We will rely on the lawful basis of legitimate interest to do these, but please let us know if you are not happy for your data to be processed in this way.