Website Account Registration Terms & Conditions
Go to top
Examination and Training Course Terms & Conditions
- Upon successful completion of registration and payment candidates will be sent a confirmation email and a link to the learning materials. Access to the syllabi and learning materials are included in the examination fee.
- Candidates are reminded that IBD Examinations are based on the contents of each syllabus, which can be accessed through the Learning Management System.
- The IBD reserves the right to optimise invigilation and examinations formats to ensure accessibility of their examinations to candidates. Reasonable notice will be given to candidates of any pending changes.
- Refunds and deferrals for examinations will only be considered under exceptional circumstances (normally due to medical grounds) and may be subject to administration fees of £95 inclusive of VAT or £79 excluding VAT.
- Please ensure that your contact details are always kept up to date. Changes to your personal details can be made by logging into MyIBD. IBD cannot be liable for any issues arising from personal details that are not updated.
- All examinations are subject to the IBD Examinations Regulations (Examination Regulations)
Go to top
Events Terms & Conditions
Go to top
Membership Terms & Conditions (Byelaws)
- The object of the IBD is the advancement of education, especially in the sciences of Brewing, Fermentation and Distillation. Eligible applicants are, “Persons who by the virtue of their interest in the scientific and technical aspects of the Brewing, Fermentation, Distillation and related Industries are, in the opinion of the Council, able to further the objects of the IBD and are nominated, in a form prescribed by Council, by one subscribing Member”.
- Applicants from the UK can select from: Great Northern, Midland, Southern, Scottish, or Irish Sections. ii) Non UK applicants can select the Africa Section, Asia-Pacific Section or International Section (primarily for those from Countries with insufficient numbers for a local Section).
- You must notify us of any previous application and especially any Class of Membership obtained.
- Student Members must complete the ‘Validation from Educational Establishment’ section above.
- A reduced rate is offered and only applies to those who register for the Fundamentals or General Certificate examinations (Certificate Membership). The reduced rate is available for the first three years as a Certificate Member after which time the subscription level reverts to the full Standard Member rate. Existing members are not eligible for the introductory offer.
- MBAA members holding professional membership are entitled to the discounted rate of £119.
- If your employer is paying your fee and requires an invoice, a Purchase Order should be enclosed with your application.
- Membership at the discounted ‘Student Rate’ is granted for the period of study indicated in the application. However, if studies are extended, a Student may apply for re-registration. Failure to re-register or transfer to Ordinary Membership on completion of the period will result in the removal of his/her name from the Register of Members without further notification. A candidate for discounted ‘Student Rate’ Membership is required to produce evidence satisfactory to the Council: i) that he/she is undergoing full-time study. ii) that he/she is recommended for registration as a Member by the appropriate tutor, teacher in any University or Institution. iii) a Student who ceases study before the agreed period is complete must advise the IBD or transfer to full membership.
- We may occasionally contact you by Email with IBD/Section news. If you wish to be contacted this way, please indicate here: ☐
- Applicants MUST pay the necessary subscription fees before any application can be put to Council. The subscription year runs from the date the member joins and continues for a year.
- Please tick here to opt-in to appearing in the online members list (viewable by members only) or any printed directory members list: ☐
- Please contact us immediately if your personal details change or if you have any queries.
- All completed application forms and correspondence should be addressed or emailed to:
Membership Department, Institute of Brewing & Distilling, 44A Curlew Street, Butler’s Wharf, London, SE1 2ND, UK
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7499 8144 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Web: www.ibd.org.uk
When you apply for Membership with the IBD, we may process some or all of the following personal data, so that we can fulfil your membership request and to manage your membership on an ongoing basis:
- Name and contact details
- Date of birth
- Payment details
- Work experience
- Employment/study history
- Membership number
We use third party solutions to support some of our processes:
As part of your membership package:
- You will receive a copy of Brewer & Distiller International – your contact details will be shared with our magazine distributor Wiley for this purpose
- You will from time to time receive administrative communications from us relevant to your membership
- You will receive our regular e-newsletter for members
- Your contact details will be shared with your local IBD section so that they can contact you about local events.
- Your name will be published in our list of new members in our magazine.
Our lawful basis for processing this data is that it is ‘necessary for the performance of a contract, or to take steps to enter into a contract’, as set out in the Data Protection Act 2018, but if you would prefer to not receive our magazine or newsletter, please let us know.
We will retain your details 7 years after your membership lapses /terminates and please be aware that may contact you to ask if you would like to re-join for 6 months after lapse. We may also contact you from time to time with surveys on our membership. We will rely on the lawful basis of legitimate interest to do these, but please let us know if you are not happy for your data to be processed in this way.
Go to top