Coronavirus update at a glance - Updated 03/09/2020
As the situation begins to settle we know there continues to be uncertainty at the moment. We are mindful that Member and Candidate experience of covid-19 varies around the globe and commit to support you in your career wherever you may be.
Here are some highlights:
- The IBD team continue to operate remotely.
- Section committee meetings. We continue to host successful and well attended AGM’s and IBD Section committee meetings over teleconference platform Zoom. A big thank you to all our members who are embracing the new technology, it is great to see your faces and continue the conversation to support and improve our industry.
- Diploma and Master exams scheduled for 2 - 5th June 2020 will take place on September 8th – 11th 2020. Master Module 5 submission deadline remains set for 15th September 2020. All candidates have been informed via email and we would like to wish everyone the best of luck with their final preparation towards the exams. We continue to be in close contact with our global exam centres and will alert you to any local changes that may have further impact.
- General Certificate and Foundation exams have been scheduled for 10th to 20th November (working days only). Due to Covid19 restrictions around the world, we are doing this via remote invigilation (remote proctoring) allowing you flexibility to schedule your examination within the November exam window.
Key dates for your diary:
- September 8th – Diploma and Master examinations start
- September 9th - IBD Annual General Meeting
- November 10th – 20th General Certificate and Foundation examinations
- The General Certificate in Cidermaking is now live. The qualification is aimed at people working at senior operator or team leader levels in a major operation and also people running and operating small cider mills/cideries.
- Some IBD face to face training continues and we are communicating with all delegates and tutors where appropriate.
- BACA courses continue to be suspended as we reassess a number of venues.
- The IBD are using this time to innovate, evolve and bring our customers new alternatives and value.
- The Customer Experience team are your main point of contact for all member and candidate enquiries. Please contact us and one of the team will get back to you as soon as possible.