business Glenfiddich Distillery
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced leader to join us as Head of Distilling based at our Glenfiddich Distillery in Dufftown. You will lead, direct and support our distilleries team leaders for Glenfiddich, Balvenie and Kininvie to ensure all aspects of production including safety and environmental are met. You will be responsible for the delivery of performance targets and will develop the production strategy for the long term. All of this will be achieved whilst ensuring operations adhere to relevant legislation.
Reporting to the Site Leader, you will be responsible for a number of tasks including:
- Accountable for the three distilleries (Glenfiddich, Balvenie and Kininvie) performance through direction and support to distilleries team leaders and through development of strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead the production planning process for all distilleries, and energy generation, ensuring liquid supply meets all customer requirements.
- Verify, compile and publish transparent operations KPIs and term reports across distilleries and lead formal KPI meetings with site stakeholders to drive operational performance
- Support the Site Leader in the development and execution of distilleries short, medium and long term plans (budget, CAPEX etc) that support the business strategy and objectives.
- Responsible for effective risk identification and mitigation of risks across distilleries (safety, volume, quality, service and efficiency)
- Accountable for monitoring and assessment of distilleries outputs and development of continuous improvement initiatives that drive efficiencies across distilleries to increase competitiveness, customer service and quality
- Lead, motivate and develops the team in line with company values to maximise employee engagement and build the talent pipeline, ensuring learning and development needs are planned and resourced.
- Ensure that safe working practises and quality procedures are adhered to in line with both company and external regulatory requirements (e.g. ISO standards, HMRC) through audit and assurance checking
- Demonstrate behaviours in line with our diversity and inclusion aim, which is to create and promote a diverse and inclusive culture at WG&S where ideas, differences and views are respected and where all employees are encouraged to create their own personal legacy
We pride ourselves on embracing the pioneering spirit of our founder, continually seeking new ways to improve and develop, and sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of your day to day role.
Please apply to Mark.Beattie@wgrant.com, HR Manager, Dufftown. No agencies required.