business Atom Brands
Our philosophy here at Atom Brands is simple. We make and select liquids that are the best they can possibly be, and package them in a way that is awesome. We don’t compromise, we don’t cut corners and we don’t strive to fill niches or build back from arbitrarily-defined price-points. We build the very best liquids that we can. Day-in, day-out.
Our brands include Ableforth’s (Bathtub Gin, Rumbullion!), That Boutique-y Whisky Co, That Boutique-y Gin Co, Drinks by the Dram, Character of Islay and Darkness!
In the last 5 years, we've won dozens of global awards (World’s Best - Blended Whisky, Blended Malt, Grain Whisky, Liqueur, Gin, Spiced Rum & Pre-mixed Cocktail - many on multiple occasions) regularly triumphing in blind tastings against some of the world’s largest and longest-established products from businesses three orders of magnitude larger than ours. Our NPD team is constantly on the look-out for emerging trends and creates convention-defying, disruptive drinks brands. We don’t sit still, and there’s a lot more to come.
We're looking for an experienced Distilling Supervisor to join our award winning team. You'll be responsible for the on-site production of our bulk liquids, which include gin, rum and whiskey, as well as new product lines that we have in the pipeline. Managing a team of Distillery Assistants, essentials of this role include:
- Lead distilling on vacuum and pot stills.
- Maintain QC levels of Atom liquids, complying with all Health and Safety requirements.
- Monitor and respond to demand, delivering liquid ‘just in time’ to the bottling and finishing line.
- Active role in NPD, particularly in recipe development and production techniques.
- Create and maintain an effective, accessible record keeping system, completing due diligence and all records, including those for bond compliance, in a timely manner.
- All aspects of team management - including resourcing and shift planning, training & development, performance reviews and recruitment & on-boarding.
Experience, skills and qualifications
- 3+ years' operational experience in a beverage alcohol production environment.
- Educated to degree level, ideally with a BSc in Brewing and Distilling, although degrees in Engineering, Chemistry or Biology would be considered.
- Some previous experience of people management would be an advantage.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Comfortable multi-tasking and managing multiple priorities and projects.
- Strong interest in spirits.
- Great team player with a positive, enthusiastic, can-do attitude.
- Driven and looking for a challenge.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Why work for us?
Other than the standard benefits you expect to see from a business (think pension, cycle-2-work scheme, free eye care vouchers) we also offer…
- Flexible working We’re focused on productivity and will work with you to make sure you’re happy with how you work.
- Free food A hungry worker is not a happy worker. We stock our kitchens with what you need to get you through the day.
- Free fancy coffee George Clooney endorsed, no less...
- Free parking at our site in Tonbridge.
- A relaxed working environment There are no suits and ties here (unless you insist).
- A challenge The opportunity to make a difference to the future of the business. It is our people who put us in the 2017 Sunday Times Fast Track 100.
- Personal Days Seven completely flexible personal days on top of your annual leave, because we all need a duvet day from time to time.
- A healthy staff discount on our world-class range. Just in case that makes a difference.
- (Un)healthy irreverence National pizza/doughnut/pie/lemonade/etc day? We got it covered.